Friday, April 7, 2017

International Photography Exhibition

That was in the month of Jan 2017 and I got a call from one of my friends a Bengali gentleman from kolkata to share best of my clicks for an "International Photography Exhibition" scheduled to be held in Mar2017.
I was not sure of such things but any how I shared few shots just casually over email to "Calcutta Journalist Club".I was really surprised to get a call on a fine morning in March that one of my clicks I shared have been selected for the Exhibition to displayed from 17.03.2017 to 19.03.2017.To be honest my first experience of my picture being displayed in an international photo forum.
On the D day me along with my wife reached the venue"Indian Council for Cultural Relations(ICCRNandalal Bose Gallery Kolkata.
The moment was so precious for me as a photographer.
This is the photograh which got me an entry to the International Exhibition.
Some beautiful clicks in display watched by my wife.Really it was a different experience to watch different exhibits of creative photographers of renowned photographers.Really awesome most of the shots displayed in the gallery.
Black and white gallery was equally awesome.
To be honest it opened my eyes...
The gallery was full of photo frames and a good number of photographers and photography lovers visited the venue.
There was workshop by renowned photographer's and it was helpful for many budding young photographers.Nice shots being in display.
Taking selfies was a fashion .
On the inaugural day before the limelight with many press people behind is a memory.
I was no exception...Clicked a selfie 🤳 with wife.
Some tremendous work in display.
The picture in the inset an old lady from Tawang in traditional Arunachal costume that was displayed in the Exhibition.
With wife and other close friends who joined us on the inaugural day.
About 1500 photographers took part in the pre selection photo sharing and out of that only 425 pictures were finally selected by the Jury members for the display.
It was a memory I would love to cherish in my life as a first time exposure to such beautiful clicks by renowned photographers .
Author : Siba

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs

Picstory#2 SUNSET PHOTOGRAPHY

@clicksbysiba presentation    That was a Sunday evening....                                                                       &quo...